Friday, May 27, 2011

I make you a deal honey!

My seventh anniversary is Sunday and I desperately needed to buy a new dress! While Little man was at school for his start the summer party, little miss and I went to the mall with my children's favorite child care giver le-le or luh depending on which child you're talking to. I looked at a few stores and found that while dark purple is the "in color" for this summer, I do not look good in dark purple. I was pretty discouraged after store three.

As we walked to the next store I saw a very cute, flowy, polka dot, strapless dress in an expensive store that I never shop in. Le-le told me to go try it on and I said no way it's going to be too expensive. She said you never know if you don't try it on. Reluctantly and with no hope I walked in and looked at the tag...$50...not bad...okay maybe this will work out. "What are you looking for honey?" came this gruff Germanic sounding female voice. I responded that I was looking for a dress for my anniversary. My new stylist said, "oh honey, you pick out dresses I find the perfect one!". A smile immediately spread across my face. "I love this lady!".

She picked out four dresses for me to try on including the polka dot one. The first one I tried on was a kind of mustard yellow Marilyn Monroe style dress. I had my doubts. I mean really mustard yellow? I tried it on and was astonished. I looked amazing and more importantly I felt amazing! I had never looked in a mirror and thought, "wow". I was sold and I hadn't even looked at the price tag..."yikes I hope it's not too much because I might walk out of here paying more than I want." A voice shook me from my thought, "you try on the black one next honey."

I tried on the black dress. The black dress was asymmetrical with a sparkly jeweled strap on one side. It was ruched along the side. It had it two ruffled skirts layered on top of each other to a height of just above my knee. I walked out of my dressing room to a chorus of wows. Le-le and my new stylist both said it was breath-taking. I asked which was better and my new stylist said, "honey, you try others on. I try to do something for you."

So I tried on the polka dot dress. It was pretty lack-luster after the two I had just tried on. I walked out and asked what everyone thought. Le-le's response was "eh" and my new stylist said, "you want me to be honest?"

"Um, of course I want to look my best."

"The other two just pop. This is not your dress." Alright then that settled that decision which left only one more dress. The last dress was a beautiful cranberry color. It crossed in the back for dramatic detail and again was gorgeous. It was however a little too short for my still chunky thighs (I've gotta do jazzercize more frequently).

I then made the comment that I didn't know which one I was going to choose. My new stylist said, "you give me the black and yellow dresses. I see what I can do." I had checked the price tags and decided that if she gave them both to me for $150 I'd buy them both. That was about 40% off and I did look amazing in both of the dresses. I walked up to pay and my stylist leaned in real close and said, "I give you both for $95."

"Holy cow!" went running through my mind. I knew that was just a fraction of what I should pay. "I'll take them both then." My stylists response, "oh, I know you do honey!"

I was shocked and amazed and so thankful. Stuff like this never happens to me. Wow what a day. Stay tuned for my anniversary blog. I'll post pictures of the dresses and you can see which one I decide to wear.

1 comment:

  1. that sounded like a wonderful day...
    i can't wait to see you in them
    you are so very pretty
    nanci

    ReplyDelete