Friday, February 18, 2011

Skinned Knees

So today started off as an absolutely wonderful day.  Mr. Perfect (my husband) got our beautiful, crying daughter out of her crib at super-early-thirty and put her back to sleep, then brought her into our bed where I was able to sleep next to her for another three-ish hours.  It was actually daylight when I woke up!  WOW!

After an amazing breakfast of Grand's Cinnamon Rolls also courtesy of Mr. Perfect, we began making a turkey which unfortunately turned out less than perfect...way less than perfect.

It was so warm today, again, that we decided to plant some bulbs in the back yard and yes I know they should be planted in the fall but hopefully it isn't THAT big of a deal.  As we were digging trenches to plant over a hundred bulbs, we hear a screech come from our son.  I turn to look and he's laying on the ground with his legs all sorts of contorted.  I was proud that I remained as calm as I did as I ran to his aid.  Upon my arrival, I assessed the immediate situation and realized that his knees were skinned.  Supermom to the rescue with with cold wash rags.

My boy is a tough kid 90% of the time.  Scrapes totally freak him out though.  So, I finally get him calmed down and he goes to stand up, his shorts are slightly too big thus slightly to long and the touching of the fabric to the scrape was almost paralyzing for my not-so-tough-with-scrapes boy.  So, I figure, if I show him that he can still move his knees even though they are scraped, we'll be good to go, he's logical.  Right, he's also three.  So, I decide to race him across the yard...he has my competitive nature so he gives it his all, no pain, just running.  I figure everything is just fine because he starts playing like it's no big deal but, after a little while the scrapes were just too much.  We had to go inside and play Mario Party on the Wii.  He was so distraught he wouldn't even eat pizza (his FAVORITE) for dinner...he just went to sleep.  Sad Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment